Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Typical Introduction - Why Blog?

For some time now, for so many reasons, I have been contemplating the idea of starting my own blog. One of those reasons being that I'm in what seems like an unusual place. I am 23 years old, fresh out of college, married, and now a mommy to the cutest seven month old boy ever born (so I'm a little biased). I am in a place in my life I thought would not exist for many more years to come. From the time I was young, others told me to wait until an older, mature age in my life to get married. (Some would probably say that age is hard to find!) So, although I was in a serious relationship all through college, I still imagined myself roaring through my twenties as a non-married career-driven independent woman. Now, here I sit with our family lap top in my lap watching Baby Einstein while little Jayden crawls around and occasionally stops for some viewing as well – and I wouldn’t trade it for the world!

Not every day is easy as a young stay-at-home mom, especially when you had always imagined yourself with another plan. This blog will be dedicated as a place to talk about crazy days and the things that help me get through those crazy days. I plan on posting a list of suggestions for things that can help new moms, because as one of the first of my friends to have a child, I know that any advice you can get starting out is great, as long as it is advice you ask for! :)

So, here's to fun stories, honest mommy advice (notice the word "mommy," I'm no professional), and a break from our crazy days to realize we are not alone!

No comments: